Thought Leadership Series
The Future of Hospital Pharmacy
A Thought-Provoking Video Series Interviewing Leaders in Hospital Pharmacy
“The Future of Hospital Pharmacy” is a video series that features a wide breadth of experienced healthcare professionals who were asked to answer nine questions that center around the current issues and opportunities that affect the hospital pharmacy and what the future of hospital pharmacy may look like in the coming years.
Unscripted interviews with Founders, CEO's, Directors of Pharmacy, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, CIO's, and more provide the basis of this thought-provoking video series that ultimately identifies strategies that the industry needs to adopt now in order to adapt to an ever-changing atmosphere and survive in an increasingly volatile environment.
The series was filmed at the ASHP 2017 Midyear Clinical Meeting, the largest gathering of pharmacists in the world, with its focus on improving patient care.
“The Future of Hospital Pharmacy” series features interviews with:
- Don Letendre, BSPh, PharmD - Dean at College of Pharmacy - The University of Iowa
- Rita Shane, PharmD, FASHP, FCSHP - Chief Pharmacy Officer - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Tony Scott, PharmD - Assistant Director of Pharmacy Operations - University of Chicago Medicine
- Kevin Hansen, PharmD, MS, BCPS - Assistant Director of Pharmacy - Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital
- Emily J. Tschumper, PharmD, MS, BCPS - Residency Program Director & Operations Manager - North Mississippi Medical Center
- David Silverman, PharmD, BCCCP, BCPS - Corporate Clinical Pharmacy Director - Prime Healthcare
- Lori Lotterman, RPh MPH - Lotterman Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Consulting
- Fred Pane, RPh FASHP - Former Hospital Pharmacy Administrator - Pennsylvania Teaching Hospital
- Victoria Tamis, PharmD, MBA, BCPS - Director of Pharmacy Services - PeaceHealth Columbia Network
- Brandon Clubb, PharmD - Pharmacy Operations Manager - Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University
- Joe Pinto, RPh, MS, MHA - Director of Pharmacy - Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mark Neuenschwander - Patient Safety Advocate
- David Aguero - Manager of Medication Systems & Informatics
- John Brown - Manager of Pharmacy Purchasing & Logistics - Indiana University Health
The Future of Hospital Pharmacy” interview topics:
- What are the Top Challenges?
- What is the Hospital of 2025?
- What are the Key Trends?
- What is the Role of Technology?
- What Workforce Changes are Needed?
- What’s the Role of Data Analytics?
- What’s the Role of Third Parties?
- What Programs & Initiatives Required?
- What is Your Wish for the Future?
Engage with the Future.
Email us about opportunities to contribute to our video series. Sign up for the project email list to be notified when new content and event registration is available. Follow us on social media to get instant updates. Join the conversation using #FutureOfPharma.
Creating Intelligent Solutions. Together.
Together, we can answer the questions around the future of hospital pharmacy. Shared publicly with our professional community, we can create a common understanding of where we are today as we look to where we will be in the future.